Sunday, January 9, 2011

Poor little blog.

My poor little blog has been suffering over the last few months. I had all intentions of updating several times but as usual life sort of gets in the way. Kinda ironic being as this blog is supposed to be about our life--crazy or not...but I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about. Once you get so far behind, playing catchup seems too daunting. But I am going to try and do the best I can.

Let me start with about a week before Christmas. My mom and dad came for a few days to do Christmas with us. We were unable to travel to Waycross this year due to Drew's job. He did not have to work but he had to be close in case something crazy happened. Unfortunately, he had to work while my parents were here so we did not end up with many pictures at all.




*we took more but it was with my dad's camera. I still need to get those pictures from him.








The day after they left, my parents-in-laws, bro and sister-in-law came up with our nephew Layton. They were with us on Christmas Day and witnessed a white Christmas with us(my first one since 1989). Unfortunately Christmas night Drew came down with a stomach bug and by the next morning, Noah had a full blown cold.

Despite some series of unfortunate events these last few months such as a wrecked car, a crashed laptop, traffic tickets, a cracked screen on our little camera, sicknesses, struggles, and everything thing else in-between, I still consider myself so utterly blessed. I'm thankful for the good times, but I am also thankful for the not so good because its the struggles in life that truly shape our character and help us to learn and grow and give us wisdom and determination. Other than God, my family is my everything. I love them with all my heart and as long as I have them, I could fall down a hundred times and still feel like I'm on top of the world.







(g-dad reading the g-son's a story from my favorite Christmas book as a child)










So here it is, my post about Christmas. It may be late, but better late than never, right?





*I also wanted to shout out to my sister and her precious family-- we missed them dearly this holiday season! Can't wait to see you all soon!!!!

No comments: