Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday Scripture

Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life-in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing. (Philippians 2:14-16)

I am trying to teach this to Nathan, to plant a little seed in him (and his brothers). This may be one of the top 3 scriptures in the Bible to me. My biggest desire in this world is for me and my family to make it to Heaven. I often times think of all the good, hard-working, loving people in the world that do not have a relationship with Christ. It makes me sad that they might never know him and that they will have labored for nothing. The closer I become to God, the more I feel an urgency for these people. We go through so much in this life, whether it be sickness, money troubles, death, pain. I have such peace and hope in knowing that 'our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.'-Romans 8:18

No comments: